Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Reminiscing: Old Chibi Dragon Ball Z Figures

My oldest Dragon Ball Z toys! Good times...
More rummaging, more rummaging. More old stuff, more old stuff. Well, not really. I found these in one of my Dad's display cabinets. (Yes, he likes toys too. I guess it's hereditary.) These are my oldest Dragon Ball Z toys.

I remember how I got these. You see, back in the day, I was a sickly kid and, hence, I always ended up visiting the family doctor on a regular basis. On this particular day, I was about to get injected with something.. A flu shot, I don't know. And I HATE needles! (Even up until now. I have belonephobia. See? There. I looked it up.)

Chibi Son Goku
Chibi Vegeta
Chibi Son Gohan
Chibi Cell
For some reason, there was a stand/store inside the clinic that specifically sells toys. I don't know why it's there. Maybe for paranoid kids like me, so I can calm down before I see the doctor? Yeah, I got my parents to buy me these so that I'd "calm down" before and while i get my shot. That wasn't the first time I got them to buy me something from that stand, too. They also bought me this Inspector Gadget brick game thingamajig, but I don't know where that is now. I also remember that they also sell NBA cards there.. Again, I don't know why, but I do remember my Dad buying tons of NBA cards everytime he drives me to see the doctor. I don't really care much for the NBA, though. *Blasphemy!*

The Dragon Ball gang! (Watch out for Cell, though.)
A look at the back side.
Anyway, these things come in a set. Bingo. They're really squishy. I think these are toys for kids while they take a bath?

Gohan and Cell's showdown begins!
After I took the pictures, I put the toys back in their display cabinet since I don't have enough space in my bedroom for these. They're on a seperate shelf and that specific shelf has DBZ stuff. I even saw some of the other old Dragon Ball Z figures that I have back then. It's good to see that my Dad was taking care of it when I was supposed to. I'll probably take some pictures of that and post it here in the future. And speaking of display cabinets, I really need to buy one of those for future Gunplas.


They will ALWAYS be rivals.

That's it for today! See you in the next post!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, I remember having these as a kid, no idea where they are now but It's really nice to see the models again.

    ReplyDelete