Friday, April 12, 2013

Reminiscing: My First SD Gundam Model Kits (Old Construction Manuals)

I found more memories while rummaging in my pile of old stuff, old construction manuals from my first SD Gundam Model Kits. I think that these were the first Gundam Model Kits that I've bought, but I'm not sure. I just realized that there are no Gundams among the kits, which is kinda strange for me since I don't really like non-Gundam Mobile Suits. I think I bought these when I was still unaware of any Gundam Anime or model kits.

The very first BB Senshi SD Gundam that I've bought, "Jegan".

These kits are very special to me, of course! Especially Jegan. I like its design most. Even though I'm not familiar with Gundam, I know that Sazabi and Zaku II were enemy robots. (Although back then, I don't really know what their names are since I don't to read Japanese.. I still can't read Japanese, but I was able to learn how to read Katakana, at least.)

BB Senshi SD Gundam: RGM-89 Jegan Construction Manual Sample Picture 1
BB Senshi SD Gundam: RGM-89 Jegan Construction Manual Sample Picture 2
BB Senshi SD Gundam: MSN-04 Sazabi Construction Manual Sample Picture 1
BB Senshi SD Gundam: MSN-04 Sazabi Construction Manual Sample Picture 2
BB Senshi SD Gundam: MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type (Char Aznable's Colors) Construction Manual Sample Picture 1
BB Senshi SD Gundam: MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type (Char Aznable's Colors) Construction Manual Sample Picture 2: Looking closer at the Zaku's in the picture, apparently, this Mobile Suit's model number is "MS-06R-2".

I'm not really sure if these are authentic Gundam Model Kits. I bought these when we went to Hongkong. I think I was around 8 years old when we went there for our Christmas vacation, I don't know. It was actually the day before our trip back to Philippines, so I just grabbed the 3 kits that looks OK to me. There were only SD kits available. They were so cheap, too. In fact, I'm kinda regretting not buying more of those.. I even asked my parents if we could go back to the mall where we purchased these before heading to the airport for our flight but there's not enough time, unfortunately.

Sadly, I haven't found the actual SD Model Kits and their boxes yet. But they're here somewhere. And when I find them, I'll be sure to post them here, just for the heck of it.


I'll see you in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment