Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Too Much Gunpla = Multiple Gunplas

Here's my NG Gundam Heavyarms, still untouched.
Because of activities at college, my schedule was pretty much locked down. I wasn't able to do any Gunpla building for more than a year now. Being a Computer Science student also didn't help. Most of the time, I had little to no sleep. Building computer programs eat up a lot of time, I discovered, but debugging them usually takes an eternity.

While my Gunpla-building activities were halted, I was still able to do a few Gundam-related stuff with the (little) spare time that I have. During my hiatus, I was able to watch the Gundam shows that were airing at the time, namely Gundam Build Fighters and Gundam Build Fighters Try. I'm currently watching the latest Gundam anime, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans. In rare ocassions, I also visit the mall. Of course, I check the toy section in the department store every time I come to the mall. Sometimes, I'm tempted to buy Gunplas. Sometimes, I give in to the temptation. Ehe.

As you may already know, I have a TON of Gunplas that I haven't assembled yet. (Well, compared to hobbyists who's been doing Gunpla building longer than I have, my backlog is not that large.) Anyway, most of the Gunpla that I've bought aren't even posted on this blog yet, and it's continuing to grow because I don't stop buying more Gunpla. During these times is when disaster struck me... (Oooh, Drama.)

One of the first set of Gunplas that I wanted to collect was the No Grade line of the New Mobile Report: Gundam Wing back from the 90s. I was first introduced to Gundam through Gundam Wing, which is why these Gunpla kits have a special place in my heart. But, since these kits are pretty old, it's really hard to get a hold of one of them. I was surprised that our local mall were still selling these kits, which is why when I first saw them selling a few, I immediately ceased the opportunity to grab one... Ok, grab all of the available ones. But that was before I started this blog.

So, fastforward to 2015, I was walking along the aisles in the toy section. There was only one shelf that I'm interested to check, really. So, when I got to the shelf of Gunplas, I noticed that one of the NG Wing Gundam kits was available again. It was Gundam Heavyarms.

The thing is, I don't remember if I have this model kit or not. But, at the time, I thought that I didn't own one yet. So, what I did next is to check my blog. "Nope, I didn't post it on my Gunpla Previews.. But I think I have one that I purposefully didn't include. But I think I don't have this one yet... But... But..." There was only one unit left, so I was pressured to buy it. Gunplas at our local mall only have a few in stock, and the ones that I'd checked were usually gone the next time I visit.


Here's another Heavyarms... *sigh*
So, in the end, I bought one. Then, after getting home, I found out that I DID already bought one. Haha.

This encouraged me to create a list of Gunpla that I already own, to avoid accidentally purchasing kits that I already have.

How about you? How do you guys manage your growing collection of toys, whether it be Gunplas or not? Feel free to comment about it. See you on the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment